Sunday, December 18, 2005

what to do...

I'm now torn between going back to the Birth Center or going to the hospital. I wish someone could tell me what is best... But for now we're playing Outburst. Profound, I know. But which way should we go?

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Here and Now...

I am about 38 weeks pregnant with my second baby, a little boy. Danny and I "had relations" as my Birth Center put it, and I started some serious contractions about 2:30 pm yesterday, Dec. 15th, 2005. We’ve been told how big the baby probably is (at least 7.5 pounds now), and Danny is off of work for the next couple weeks, so we figured since I am full term the sex induction would work like it did with Arielle. We had warmed up a few nights ago, and it led to several hours of contractions in the middle of the night and then tapered off. But yesterday they seemed pretty intense so we decided to call the birth center and they said to come in and get checked out. Robyn said I was about 5cm dilated at that point, though only partially effaced. That was 6:30pm. So we hung out for a few hours and I continued to have regular contractions. My parents drove back from Orlando. Upon recheck I was 6-7 cm dilated so Robyn said to stay and that she would be shocked, and would "call Ripley’s" if my labor didn’t continue. We sent our parents back to our house with Arielle because things did slow down, but I thought we should stay. So we did, and had relations again (yes, at the Birth Center), and things picked back up into full swing around 4am. But again, after several hours and time spent in the shower and tub, my body and the baby decided it was just not the right time yet. After another recheck, which found me to still be 6-7cm but fully effaced, we decided to head home. We spent 15 hours at the Birth Center and came home without a baby. Obviously very strange. For some reason, Robyn’s exams were very painful and difficult. I seems she has trouble reaching my cervix because it is facing the back, and even when she does reach back there, it is extremely painful for me. That was not a problem with Arielle so it makes me wonder if I should get another opinion, or go to a hospital when labor really does come. Danny wants to try our method again tomorrow. We'll see.